Are you trying to grow fuller, thicker eyebrows but find that it is a slow-going chore? You’re probably feel that lovely, bushy brows were meant for everyone but you!
The truth is there are many effective ways to help your brows grow thick and strong. Using an eyebrow growth serum is one of them but finding the right one can also be quite a chore.
Our guide makes it easy for you to select one since we highlight the best eyebrow growth serum formulas. We also provide you with some useful tips to help you choose one, so read on to find the right product to help your thin, mediocre brows fill in and grow.
What’s Behind Your Thinning Brows?
Here are some of the most common reasons for having short, thin brows.
- Hereditary – Perhaps, along with your good looks, you also inherited thin brows from Mom and Dad. No fault of yours (or theirs), just nature at work!
- Over-Plucking – Over-plucking, waxing, and threading will take a toll on your eyebrows.
- Underlying Skin Conditions – Eczema, psoriasis, alopecia areata and hypothyroidism can directly or indirectly lead to eyebrow hair loss.
- Illness – Certain illnesses, including stress, can affect the health of your hair. They may cause your current hair and new growth to weaken and fall out easily.
- Aging – As you get older, it’s not just the hair on your head that starts to thin; eyebrows can suffer, too.
- Treatments – Some medications will cause your hair to thin and fall out. The drugs used in cancer-fighting chemotherapy are notorious for this side-effect, but some non-cancer-fighting drugs also have the same result.
Top 10 Eyebrow Growth Serums Comparison Chart
|Picture||Name||Volume (Ounces)||Price||Rating (1-5)|
|1. Eyelashes Growth Serum||0.17 Ounces||$$||4.8|
|2. Castor Oil (2oz), USDA Certified Organic||2 Ounces||$||4.6|
|3. Essy Beauty natural Eyelash Growth Enhancer & Brow Serum for Long||0.1 Ounce||$||4.5|
|4. Organic Castor Oil – USDA Certified Organic 100% Pure||1 Ounce||$||4.6|
|5. Hairgenics Lavish Lash – Eyelash Growth Enhancer & Brow Serum for Long, Luscious Lashes and Eyebrows||0.1 Ounce||$$||4.5|
|6. Pure Castor Oil for Eyelashes||2 Ounces||$||4.5|
|7. Organys Eyelash & Eyebrow Growth Serum||0.25 Ounces||$$||4.4|
|8. Majestic Pure Castor Oil for Eyelashes Growth Serum||1 Ounce||$||4.4|
|9. Organic Castor Oil USDA Certified Hair Loss Prevention||1 Ounce||$||4.1|
|10. RapidBrow Eyebrow Enhancing Serum||0.1 Ounce||$$||4.0|
What Are the Different Types of Eyebrow Growth Serum?
Whichever product you decide to go with, remember that you will be using it on your face; pretty close to your eyes. For that reason, it is important to understand what is in a serum so you avoid an allergic reaction.
While there is a wide range of eyebrow growth serums available, there are two main types:
- Prescription-Only – Prescription-only eyebrow growth serums are the most potent ones you can buy. They do, however, carry side-effects you should carefully consider. Discussing the issue with your healthcare provider will help you decide if a prescription-only brand is what you need.
- Over-The-Counter – These run the gamut of descriptions including “all-natural, “organic” and “vegan.” There are also those which contain minute amounts of the substance the prescription-only brands use. Here are a few of the most common ingredients the best eyebrow growth serums might boast having.
- Red Clover
- Vitamin E
- Castor Oil
- Coconut Oil
Time and patience will be your friends using these products, but as long as you are using the right one for you, you should begin to see favorable results in a few weeks. That’s really a short time compared to the many years most of us spent plucking our brows into submission!
3 Best Eyebrow Growth Serum Reviews
First on our list is ToullGoBeauty’s eyelash and eyebrow serum. One of its ingredients that immediately caught our knowing eyes is Trifolium Pratense (a.k.a. red clover). It has been said to work in multiple ways to promote hair growth and health.
For starters, it is believed to fight scalp infections, and in so doing, it strengthens hair. The use of red clover is also noted to soften hair and add volume, so the hairs you already have in your eyebrows will look thicker and fuller. Red clover is also said to make hair shinier and more attractive.
We were pleased with ToullGoBeauty’s easy-to-use, in-cap applicator wand. We must point out, however, that the bottle holds just 0.17 ounces of serum and you are told you will need 3 bottles for the full course of treatment.
If you are committed to using this serum from ToullGoBeauty, the makers say you will start seeing results in 15 – 20 days and obvious improvements in 4 – 6 weeks.
The single ingredient in this serum from Kate Blanc Cosmetics is what makes it such a strong contender in our search for the best eyebrow growth serum. That ingredient is pure, cold-pressed and hexane-free, 100% castor oil.
Castor oil is noted for boosting blood circulation and reducing inflammation – both of which will help hair growth. It contains omega-3 fatty acids which nourish hair, making it shiny, thicker and stronger.
Apart from that reassuring fact that Kate Blanc’s serum is USDA Certified as organic, we were also pleased by the thoughtful inclusion of three applicator tools. The different tools come in handy for the different uses of the product, as you are encouraged to use it on your eyelashes, eyebrows, and nails.
The manufacturers also promote this all-natural castor oil as good for the health of your skin in general. Whatever your intended use, they offer customers a 100% guarantee and a one-year warranty, saying you can return the serum at any time for a full refund.
According to its manufacturers, Essy’s irritation-free formula guarantees you results in 2 weeks, and they recommend the product for use on both your eyelashes and eyebrows. The manufacturers say 6 weeks of daily use of their formula has been clinically proven to show a 55% increase in natural eyelashes.
That clinically-proven formula includes ginseng root, Egyptian blue water lily, and polygonum multiflorum. Ginseng root is said to have anti-inflammatory properties and is often pointed to as helping to boost hair growth while reducing hair loss.
Egyptian blue water lily is thought to make hair more elastic, less brittle and thus less prone to breakage. It is also said to add a natural sheen to hair. Polygonum multiflorum is a plant root which is used in formulations to help strengthen hair and stop it from graying prematurely.
We like the handy in-cap applicator that Essy’s serum comes with and the fact that buyers are offered a refund or replacement if they are not satisfied.