Best Drugstore Liquid Eyeliners
If you want to make a bold statement with your makeup, experts believe the feature you have to put your emphasis on is the eyes. Just a simple tweak, a simple flick of the pencil, and you can change your look by enhancing your eyes with eyeliners.
But eyeliners are some of the most expensive pieces of makeup. In fact, there is nothing cheap about good eyeliners. Does that mean if you’re a little short on cash, you’re left with the poor quality ones? Not quite.
In our guide below, we’ll help you find the best drugstore liquid eyeliner products that are great in quality but cheap in price.
- 1 Top 10 Best Drugstore Liquid Eyeliners
- 2 How to Choose the Best Drugstore Liquid Eyeliners Formulas
- 3 Top & Best Drugstore Liquid Eyeliner Reviews
- 4 1. NYX Cosmetics Collection Noir Liquid Liner
- 5 2. L’Oreal Paris The Super Slim Eyeliner by Infallible
- 6 3. Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner
- 7 4. Milani Eye Tech Extreme Liquid Eye Liner
- 8 5. Almay Liquid Eyeliner
Top 10 Best Drugstore Liquid Eyeliners
How to Choose the Best Drugstore Liquid Eyeliners Formulas
- Waterproof Eyeliners. These eyeliners have a formula that makes them naturally resistant to water, sweat, or anything but makeup removers. It’s great for use in the summer where you might do a lot of swimming but is not recommended for daily use as it may be a challenge to remove every night.
- Smudge-Proof Eyeliners. These liners won’t crease or run easily allowing them to last all day. They also dry completely so you can use them when you’re in a rush and need a quick eye makeup. So whether you’re going for a smoky or just a little bit understated look, smudge-proof eyeliners are a perfect choice.
- Longwear Eyeliners. The best drugstore liquid eyeliners normally have long wear technology. No matter how you dress your eyes – cat eye, smoky or simple and natural – long wear formulas make everything worth it. These eyeliners contain formulas that make it indelible for hours of use. It won’t run out quickly so it’s great for long day occasions like weddings and graduations.
- Eyeliners for Sensitive Eyes. Your parents may pass on to you their sensitive genes but no worries. Built especially for people with sensitive eyes, these liners don’t contain harsh ingredients or fragrances. Some eyeliners may contain oil and wax that are not suitable for the eyes.
Top & Best Drugstore Liquid Eyeliner Reviews
1. NYX Cosmetics Collection Noir Liquid Liner
Nyx Cosmetics Collection Noir Liquid Liner is a liquid black eyeliner that makes a precise lining of the eyes. It’s smooth and easy to use and is best for creating bold lines and enhancing eye makeup for the wearer’s desired look. This liner is richly pigmented and provides a long lasting formula for all-day use.
This liner includes the perfect sturdy brush tip, that’s great for creating your desired wing. It’s flexible and very thin, making the bristles easier to control. It doesn’t dry up too easily like other liquid eyeliners, and because of this you can go as thick as you want. It can be a little runny so make sure that you apply it judiciously.
You don’t need to have the hands of a surgeon to make this eyeliner work for you. Because the color is deep black and mostly matte when it dries – you don’t need to re-apply it throughout the day. It’s not inky and you don’t need several coats to get it into a darker color. The formula doesn’t cause any eye irritation and can easily be wiped off using any make-up remover.
You can use this eyeliner for a simple cat eye, natural look or if you’re going all out cosplay style makeup. The only downside is it might not be waterproof, so this won’t be good for heavy sweaters out there. For its price, this eyeliner delivers well. Nyx Cosmetics Collection Noir Liquid Liner is one of the best drugstore liquid eyeliner.
2. L’Oreal Paris The Super Slim Eyeliner by Infallible
For gorgeous clean lines, choose L’Oreal Paris Super Slim Eyeliner. This eyeliner has a 0.4mmm fine tip great for creating dramatic cat eyes in one application. It has a 12-hour quick-dry formula that helps the liner glide smoothly with every stroke. It’s allergy-tested and is suitable for people with sensitive skin and those wearing contact lens.
This liner’s ultra-fine tip gives users total control upon application. It can be used to create a subtle or bold look whichever is fitting for the occasion. It provides glamorous appeal with its controlled and continuous flow. It’s best used for an understated look (i.e. thin lines or slim cat eyes) especially when you’re in a rush and don’t have much time to spend.
L’Oreal Paris The Super Slim Eyeliner may smudge a little, but with the right use you can prevent this from happening. Experts recommend closing the eyes and letting the liner dry for a few seconds after application. Overall, L’Oreal Paris slim eyeliner is the best drugstore eyeliner that has a quick dry formula.
3. Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner
Part of the new generation of liquid liners, Maybelline New York Eye Studio Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner comes with ink technology that keeps your pigment saturated. Giving a laser-sharp precision, this liner helps you create the most defined line.
Its formula is kept fresh by the liner’s built-in spring cap. It has ultra-thin 0.4 mm smooth brush that provides no mess or excess. This liner is also waterproof and fragrance-free while being both dermatologist and ophthalmologist tested thereby making it suitable for women with sensitive eyes.
Liquid in a pen form, this liner is very easy to apply and lasts all day. It’s very thin and doesn’t feel heavy when applied. This liner is perfect when you want to create a classic winged look with good pigmentation. The only downside in this liner is it may smudge a little after a few hours of application. It’s also hard to remove as the color goes all over the face.
4. Milani Eye Tech Extreme Liquid Eye Liner
Delivering the best full-color definition with its fine felt-tip point, Milani Eye Tech Extreme Liquid liner makes it at the fourth spot of our guide. This is one of the liquid eyeliners in the drugstore category that is 100% non-feathering, sweat-proof, waterproof, and transfer-proof allowing it to stay put wherever you apply it.
The felt tip in this liner is impressive to use. You can create thick, medium or very thin lines just by changing the angles while you’re holding it. For its price, this eyeliner is very good in quality. It doesn’t budge or mess during application.
This eyeliner is perfect for beginners who don’t have much knowledge with using eyeliners. With its very flexible tip, this product is easy to control and apply. It also doesn’t pull on the eyelids giving you a lightweight feeling of not having an eyeliner at all.
Even after 12 hours of using, users don’t have to touch up or reapply. It may be a little watery for some, so it’s best to have the liner dry for a while before opening your eyes after application. It doesn’t also melt or smear but the felt tip can dry quickly if you don’t store it correctly.
5. Almay Liquid Eyeliner
Almay Liquid Eyeliner provides the best definition in terms of precise eye defining makeup. This liner has a water-resistant formula providing 16-hour wear time. You don’t have to worry about sweating hard, as this eyeliner will make sure it stay puts on your eyes all day long.
Almay uses an inkwell design, which allows the product to provide fresh liquid each application. It’s very easy to use and with its flexible tip applicator, you can be assured that there will be little to no mistakes upon application. This liner doesn’t stain and looks good on the eyes all throughout the day.
This eyeliner doesn’t smudge, is hypoallergenic, and can be used by people who wear contact lenses. Providing a very high pigmentation, you don’t need to sweep too much as it can achieve your desired color even in just one stroke.
When used daily, the eyeliner color may fade, but very slowly. The applicator may also pick up too much eyeliner every time you use it, but it can also be easily removed with a cotton swab and the ingredients may be a little harsh for some of you (causing watery eyes).