Best Drugstore Eyelash Curler
If you don’t feel like taking a trip to the drugstore yet you still want to find a great deal on your favorite drugstore brands, you’re definitely in the right spot.
We’ll take a look at some of the best drugstore eyelash curler options in our guide below and help you determine which one is right for your eyes.
Thought they were all going to get the job done in the same way? Definitely not! What works great for your lashes may do nothing for your friend’s lashes, so refer to our guide in order to understand all of the differences.
- 1 How to Choose Best Drugstore Eyelash Curler
- 2 Top 10 Best Drugstore Eyelash Curler
- 3 Favorite Drugstore Brands
- 4 Price vs. Quality Best Drugstore Eyelash Curler
- 5 Best Drugstore Eyelash Curler Reviews
- 6 1. Brilliant Beauty Eyelash Curler
- 7 2. Preo Curl Up / Curler Eyelash Tools
- 8 3. Shimarz Eyelash Curler Extra Refill Pad Included
How to Choose Best Drugstore Eyelash Curler
Not all eyelash curlers are appropriate for certain eye shapes and eyelash types, so you’ll need to take this into consideration as you compare and contrast them.
- For short eyelashes… try the mini clamp curler. You can move it around and do small sections of your eyelashes at a time.
- For big eyes… look for a flatter curler.
- For wide, round eyes… make sure the curler is long enough to catch all of (or the majority of) your lashes. There are a few curling tricks you can also use if it’s not quite long enough so that you get a smooth, even finish.
- For stick-straight eyelashes… try using a heated eyelash curler.
As a rule of thumb, if you find that the curler pinches or pulls every time you use it, then this is a sign that it is not the right tool for your eye and lash shape. Time to try a different one!
Top 10 Best Drugstore Eyelash Curler
Favorite Drugstore Brands
Those who are familiar with the drugstore eyelash curler brands absolutely rave about them, while others who are used to more expensive name brands find them useless.
The answer, as we already mentioned, depends on your lashes and your eye shape!
Here are a few favorite brands from the drugstore that you might want to try:
- Tweezerman (number 4)
- l.f. (number 10)
- Revlon (number 8)
While they may not receive high ratings on the lists that we researched, we can definitely tell you that it’s a whole different story on beauty discussion forms.
These choices are cost effective and work wonders for a lot of women, so if you haven’t tried them yourself, we highly recommend that you do so!
Price vs. Quality Best Drugstore Eyelash Curler
If you’re on the hunt for the best drugstore eyelash curler, then chances are that you’re looking for something budget friendly.
Cheaper doesn’t always mean lower in quality (just as more expensive doesn’t always mean better quality), so here are a few things to look for:
- Curler Material. If you happen to have a nickel allergy, you’ll want to investigate the curler material thoroughly before you purchase.
Even if you’re looking at a plastic one, there might be springs on the inside or other small, metal parts that you need to make sure won’t irritate your eyes and skin.
- Pad Material. Silicone is a good choice since it is smoother than rubber.
If you tend to use the curler after applying mascara (even though it’s best to curl before applying mascara), avoid rubber pads. They’ll stick to the mascara and you risk pulling out some eyelashes once you remove it.
All curlers should open smoothly and feel comfortable in your hand when you’re using them. If it is too awkward for you to handle, then you risk curling at the wrong angles and in the wrong places.
Best Drugstore Eyelash Curler Reviews
1. Brilliant Beauty Eyelash Curler
These are awesome lash curlers thanks to the uniform pressure you get every time you close them, the soft, silicone pads and the handles that are easy to hold. We love them!
As for shape and function, these work out really well for large, deep set eyes since they have more of curve and those of you who have longer, straight lashes.
If you have short lashes, you definitely need to check out the next curler!
2. Preo Curl Up / Curler Eyelash Tools
These are perfect for those of you with short, thin lashes. They are thin and look more like tweezers, which means that you can work them across the lashes section by section in order to make sure you get all of the lashes without having to worry about pinching yourself.
They’re made of stainless steel and have a silicone pad, plus you get six extra replacement pads with them.
These would also be a great addition to your beauty case if you love your current curler but just need something to reach those corner lashes.
If you have short and super straight lashes, you may want to use this curler plus a heated curler (like number 9) separately in order to make sure the curl remains.
3. Shimarz Eyelash Curler Extra Refill Pad Included
Our next favorite is this chrome curler from Shimraz.
If you’re in the habit of curling your lashes prior to adding mascara (good for you!) then the rubber pads shouldn’t present a problem. They don’t have any springs, which means you can control the amount of pressure, and they are easy to grip.
Those who have problems getting all of their lashes in one go find that this is wide enough to accommodate them (large, wide eyes).
If these three options didn’t work out for you, then we definitely encourage you to check out all of the other great choices we’ve highlighted. You’re bound to find the right one for your unique lashes!